that show how the weird weather turn this place to the spot for visiting.
Shahzadeh Mahan Garden
Shahzadeh Garden, located at 35 km southeast of Kerman city, has been constructed in Qajar dynasty during 11-year old sovereignty of Abdolhamid Mirza Naseroldoleh. Shahzadeh Garden is the ninth Iranian garden that has been registered on UNESCO’s World Heritage List. Shazdeh Garden meaning
Prince’s Garden is a historical Persian garden located near (6km away from) Mahan in Kerman province, Iran. Water fountains can be seen over the land flowing
from the upper ends toward lower ends on a water cascade style at Shazdeh Garden. These fountains look very beautiful and have been provided impetus by the
natural incline of the place. The clever use of the natural climate of the land can be seen in this garden which is the primary aspect of every Persian garden.
Shah nematolah vali mausoleum
The tomb of Shah Nur-eddin Nematollah Vali, poet, sage, Sufi and founder of an order of dervishes, has twin minarets covered with turquoise tiles from the bottom
up to the cupola. The mausoleum was built by Ahmad Shah Kani; the rest of the building was constructed during the reigns of Shah Abbas, Mohammad Shah Qajar
and Nasser-al-Din Shah. Shah Nematallah Vali spent many years wandering through central Asia perfecting his spiritual gifts before finally settling at Mahan, twenty
miles south-east of Kerman, where he passed the last twenty five years of his life. He died in 1431, having founded a Darvish order which continues to be an active
spiritual force today. The central domed burial vault at Mahan, completed in 1437 was erected by Ahmad Shah Bahmani, king of the Deccan, and one of Shah
Nematallah’s most devoted disciples.
Shahnematolah among the splendour, beautiful and most spectacular works we can pointed to Shah Nematollah Vali dome. This beautiful sites in the center of
Mahan town. the Shah Nematollah Vali Shrine is a historical complex, which contains the mausoleum of Shah Nematollah Vali, the renowned Iranian mystic and poet.
Shah Nematollah Vali died in 1431 aged over 100.
The central Lut is the vast part in the Lut desert that contains the lowest part of the desert. There are several Kaluts in this region that are extended from the centre
of the Lut to the west. They are the most beautiful natural phenomena. They are unique and can’t be found in any desert of the world
Rayan Citadel (Arg E Rayan)
Rayen castle, or Arg-e Rayen is an adobe castle in Rayen town in Kerman, you can visit the medieval mud brick city of Rayen is similar to the Arg-e Bam. Rayen
displays all the architectural elements of a deserted citadel. It appears extremely well preserved, considering the numerous natural disasters that have been
destroying similar structures nearby, and it is one of the most interesting historical sites in Iran. The fortress at Rayen is similar in outlook and construction to the
fortress at Bam, while been younger in age. It is thought to be a Sassanian era (224 CE – 649 CE) fortress. Like Bam, Rayen fortress was in use until about 150
years ago. Natural and historical attractions of Rayen area are not just limited to the ancient citadel. Rayen, located on the foothills of Hezar Mountains and a
beautiful waterfall, enjoys a favorable climate in Kerman province. The mountain with a height of 4465 meters is the highest mountain in Kerman province
and the forth of Iran. Caraway, which is a famous seed of Kerman province, grows wild in these mountains.
Local residents believe that Rayen forces won in wars due to the quality of their handmade weaponry produced by locals. It is believed that Rayen Citadel
dates back to the Sassanid era, although what is remained today belongs to the Islamic period constructions, mainly Safavid era and afterwards.
The city of Rayen 100 km off the south of Kerman is located at the foot of Mt. Hezar which is the 4th highest mountains in Iran and the highest peak
of the southern part of our country.
Rayen with its ancient civilization and antiquity has had a suitable condition during the reign of Sasanian dynasty. Since it was situated in the route of highways
connecting West to East, it has been one of the centers of giving and taking merchandise as well as weaving valuable cloths which were exported even to the
farthest areas such as Egypt.
Rayen waterfallThe rural areas at the foot of Hezar Mountain offer a pleasant weather and scenic Rayen waterfall to visiting tourist in spring and summer.Rayen
because of having the monument “Rayne’s castle”, natural waterfall sceneries, several springs originating from Mt. Hezar, 1000-year old planes, 400-year old
cypresses, volcanic mountains, spas and the holly shrine of 3 descendants of Imams (Imamzadeh) is considered an important area for both touring and pilgrimage.
The most important attraction of this ancient city is its historical castle. This castle which covers an area of about 20,000 square meters, is a valuable heritage
and a cultural historical wealth which hosts thousands tourists
Meymand (also spelt Maymand and Meimand) is a village of troglodytes – cave dwellers – located in the south-eastern Iranian province of Kerman.
Meymand (Maymand, Maimand) village has been continuously inhabited for 2,000 to 3,000 years making it one of Iran’s four oldest surviving villages.
Some claim that Meymand / Maymand village has been inhabited for 12,000 years, that is, since the “middle stone ages”, making it a Mesolithic village.
Reportedly, 10,000 year old stone engravings and 6,000 year-old pottery have been discovered at the site.
A hundred and twenty historical sites have been identified in the basin of a 400 kilometre stretch of Halil-Rud River in the south of Kerman province.
One of these is at Konar Sandal (sites A & B), two mounds a short drive from Jiroft town-centre. Jiroft is 230-kilometres south of the city of Kerman
and was previously known as Sabzevaran, a name that describes the verdant fertile valley plain of the Halil River. Indeed, the plain by Iranian standards
is so green and fertile that it is called ‘Hend-e Kuchak’ meaning little India. Jiroft is also one of the hottest towns in Iran. A temperature of 57 °C / 135 °F
was recorded in August 1933.
The mounds or tepes at Jiroft are also called Qal’eh Kuchak meaning little head. In addition, there are the two mounds, site A that is said to be a
ziggurat-like structure 17 metres (54′) high and 400 meters (1280′) on each side at the base, and site B that is said to be a two-story citadel with a
base covering nearly 13.5 hectares (33 acres) surrounded by a fortress wall 10.5 metres (34′) thick, and. A ziggurat suggests a pyramid-like structure
consisting of tiered platforms, and a citadel suggest a fortified building. The two sites A & B are a couple of kilometres apart.
Bam Citadel (Arg-e Bam)
The Arg-e Bam (Bam Citadel) was the largest adobe building in the world, located in Bam, a city in the Kermān Province of southeastern Iran. It is listed by UNESCO
as part of the World Heritage Site “Bam and its Cultural Landscape”. The origin of this enormous citadel on the Silk Road can be traced back to the Achaemenid period
(6th to 4th centuries BC) and even beyond. The heyday of the citadel was from the 7th to 11th centuries, being at the crossroads of important trade routes and known
for the production of silk and cotton garments.
The entire building was a large fortress in whose heart the citadel itself was located, but because of the impressive look of the citadel, which forms the highest point,
the entire fortress is named the Bam Citadel. Arg-e Bam sites in north-east of Bam. It bounded to north by Bam river or Poshrud river, to east byreminders of Hazrat
Rasoul mosque and Baq Darvazeh gardens and to south by new established park and Hafezabad parish and to the west by Khajehmorad parish. Arg-e Bam
complex includes old city and the citadel at an area about 20 hectares. The area of citadel is about 6 hectares. The citadel had been the political center of city.
The only gateway which is used now is the south gateway. Turning from the northern end of Sajadi street to the east of Arg street, you would reach whrere that in the
past there had been the moat of citadel and now there is a park with young trees and beautiful white and purple flowers of oleander bushes. This park has
established by Bam municipality. The southern gateway of citadel sites in the north side of the park.
Fathabad garden is located 16 km North West of Kerman, according to historians, this pattern has been used to constructing Shazdeh Garden in Mahan.
The history of the construction of the garden is around the year 1255 (Hijri-Shamsi), In Qajar period. Fathabad memorial garden “Fazl Ali Khan Biglarbeygi”
was the ruler of Kerman. That is why it is also called Biglarbeygi Garden. The Fathabad Qanat water passed through fathabad Garden in the past, and it was so
refreshing and lovely.
The Fathabad Garden with its old and valuable history, for a long time had been abandoned and damaged and most of the trees have dried up.
Ganjali Khan Complex is a Safavid-era building complex, located in the old centre of city of Kerman, Iran. The complex is composed of, a square, a school, a caravanserai,
a bathhouse, a mint, a mosque and a bazaar.
The Ganjali Khan Complex was built by Ganjali Khan who governed Kerman, Sistan and Kandahar provinces from 1596 to 1621 under Safavid Shah Abbas I.
A number of inscriptions laid inside the complex indicate the exact date when these places have been built. The architect of the complex was Mohammad Soltani from Yazd.
The complex covers an area of 11000 square meters and is cantered on a large public square—ninety-nine meters by fifty-four meter—which is aligned with Vakil Bazaar
running east-west to its south. The square is enveloped by bazaar arcades to the north, south and west and is flanked by the Ganjali Caravanserai to the east. The entrance
to the Ganjali bathhouse is located along a section of Vakil Bazaar south of the square, known as Ganjali Khan Bazaar.
This bazaar is located between Chahar Suq and Ekhtiari. Its wonderful architecture style refers to the Safavid era and sites in the southern part of Ganjali khan square.
The historical and beautiful bath of Ganjali khan about 180 shops are located in the right side of bazaar, in the left side several arches (Taqnama) have been designed,
that create beautiful sights.
Under these arches venders sell their goods. There are totally 16 arches in bazaar that are connected to the square. The length of bazaar is 93m and its width is
about 5/75, at an area about 534/5sq.m.
Ganjalikhan Bath house
This bath is a collection of art, architecture and using different materials with a suitable space which attracts people to itself. The architect of bath and in general
Ganjali khan complex is a Yazdian architect named “Ostad Mohammad Soltani” who indeed knew the political, economical and cultural conditions of its time. Ganjali
khan bath is a wonderful work, that with its beautiful tile-works, paintings plaster-works pats the eyes of every visitor. Baths are included among the inseparable part
of city’s building and are the main and important parts of Islamic cities and villages. The entrance to the Ganjali bathhouse is located along a section of Ganjali Khan Bazaar.
The entry portal of these baths has been decorated with beautiful paintings of Safavid era. The bath is 64m in length and 30m in width at an area about 1380 sq.m.
The long of its hot-chamber (Garmkhane) is 6/25m in width is 7/5 m and its reservoir is 8/5 m in length and 5/7 in width at an area of 44/8sq.m. It consists of two main
parts; hot-chamber and dressing room. According to the class divition in Safavid era the dressing room of bath has 6 chambers which each of them devoted to a
special social class, including “Sayeds, clregies, tribal chiefs, gradness, merchants and rustics. However, today they are one are two statues in every chamber of
dressing room that demonstrate the feature of mentioned classes.
It sites in the north-west of square and near Ganjalikhan school. Its long is 525m and its width is 5m at an area about 27/5sq.m. It is a small museum of Islamic
art such as tile-work, plaster-work and Calligraphy which has been decorated ina beautiful style and has constructed in 1007(H). About the 14 shops of Ganjalikhan
are the endowed properties of this mosque which devote to the scholars of Ganjalikhan school. In addition to this mosque there are other mosques that one of
in Mesgari bazaar.
In sites the eastern side of square, according to the historical documents it seems that it was a school in past times that later has changed into caravansarey.
The date of that establishment according to the inscription which is seen on its portal as 1007 Hijra (1959 AB) is belongs to more than 420 years ago. Its constructor
is an architect who named “Mohammad Soltani Yazdi”. Its dimensions is 23*31.5 m at an area about 724 sq.m. Several cells have been designed in two floors,
with beautiful architecture. Its internal and external appearance decorated with beautiful tile-works that are reminder of Safavids era. This school and all of the
Ganjalikhan complex were damaged in the attack of Aqa Mohammad Khan Qajar and about 5000 precious manuscripts were plundered from the library of school.
In the eastern end of Kerman city there is a strong and large dome, made of stone and has saved from the trespassing hand of time. This eight-angle dome is
completely made od stone. There are 8 doors in its eight sides with the width of 2m, that recently have been closed by stones to strengthen the building and only one
of them is open. The upper part of dome has been made of brick and it is not clear whether or not had it been decorated by tile-work? Inside the dome there were
apparently plaster-works that have been destroyed. There is no any document about the time of construction. Sarborsisiks in this book “Eight years in Iran” writers,
passing through that has a dome in the shape of two arc and its internal diameter is 18 foot. This place is called Jabalie and it is the only stone building of Kerman.
Iranian peoples believe that it has been the tomb of one of Zoroastrians and some believe that is the tomb of Seyed Mohammad Tabashiri, but the later allegation
has been traversed is some regions. Some believe that it belongs to seljuks but it is not correct it belongs to the times before Islam and is one of the Zoroastrian
building, however its style is not similar to the style of fire temples
The upper part of dome has been made of brick and it is not clear whether or not had it been decorated by tile-work? Inside the dome there were apparently
plaster-works that have been destroyed. There is no any document about the time of construction. Sarborsisiks in this book “Eight years in Iran” writers, passing
through that has a dome in the shape of two arc and its internal diameter is 18 foot. This place is called Jabalie and it is the only stone building of Kerman.
(Modern art) Museum
Occupying a former orphanage, this art museum is a pleasant surprise in a town that can otherwise feel a long way from modern cultural pursuits.
In a Qajar-era building set around an attractive courtyard, the museum houses paintings, sculptures and stone inlays by famous local artist
Sayyed Ali Akbar Sanati (1916–2006), who spent most of his childhood in the orphanage. It also exhibits works by younger Iranian artists and even
a bronze hand by Auguste Rodin. Not surprisingly, it’s a good place to meet open-minded young Kermanis.